Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Countdown 18 Days!

Today's Preview of the Sing With Our Kids website: Sing it, Sign it, Use it!

Did you know children know what they want to say before they have the physical ability to form the words? Fortunately, they are able to form simple signs with their hands, so having just a few ASL signs can make the difference between frustration and joy! I can't tell you how many times during my concerts I have seen a babe in arms look up at mom and make the sign for "milk." The mom then begins to breasfeed, and peace and contentment abound! The SingWithOurKids website will have not only simple signing songs with videos, but information and resouces on why signing works and how to make the most of it. Wish I knew about this when my kids were little!

No comments:

Post a Comment