Thursday, August 23, 2012

Countdown 9 Days!


Today's Preview of the Sing With Our Kids website: First Sing With Our Grand Kids Events Scheduled!

I'm excited to be able to announce dates for the first Sing With Our Grand Kids events at the Mercer Island Library.These are for adults only! So if you know grandparents with children under five (or expectant grandparents!) living in the Seattle area, please share this information with them. 

7 PM  Thursday September 13th  
7 PM  Thursday October 11th
7 PM  Thursday November 15th

We'll remember favorite old songs and how to use them to share family history and traditions, 
talk about how singing builds early learning and early literacy skills, and how to use technology to stay connected with your grand kids whether they live across the street or across the globe! 

There are more and more grandparents bringing their grandchildren to my concerts, and at the same time more and more grandparents whose grandchildren live far away. There will be so many ways to use the website resources, and we'll talk about them all! And of course there will be time left for bragging and photo sharing!  
               
    - disclaimer: I am the proud and very involved grandmother of two young children myself, so
      I have a vested interest in this part of the project!

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog, and have been having a great time going back and reading each of your posts from the first on Day 30. They are so informative and thought-provoking! I'll be reading them each day from now on.
    One song that I remember singing in 5th grade was "Old Grumbler". There were motions for each verse (which I don't remember), but I DO remember almost all the words! I never heard it since, but I wonder if its still around.

    ReplyDelete