Monday, August 27, 2012

Countdown 4 Days!


Today’s preview of the Sing With Our Kids website and Live Project!


Okay, so yesterday with the deadline looming large, I was panic-stricken! But after a productive day working on the website with my webmaster, and giving the first staff workshop to teachers participating in the project, I'm just plain excited! 

So what exactly is going to happen on September first at the end of this countdown?

Here's What!

1. www.SingWithOurKids will go live! Although it will start with minimal content, you'll be able to see my   vision as you explore the site. And every day after that  there will be new songs, ideas, and information. It will be unlike any other early learning website, and all free!

2. My Indiegogo Fundraiser campaign will launch. We'll try to raise $10,000 to pay for the website development over the next nine months. The campaign will only be 30 days (oh no, another countdown!), and if we don't reach the goal I'll fund the site personally. So either way, it's happening!

3. Public Kick-off Celebration at Island Books on Mercer Island, one of my partners in the project.http://www.mercerislandbooks.com/  Each month I'll take a book based on a song  right off their shelves and read and sing it! Parents will be given information on using these books, and a book list of the best ones currently available. We'll do some wiggle songs from the website, and I'll explain how the project will work.. We'll finish the event with a sing-along song, and I'll have lyric sheets. So if you live in teh Seattle area, join us at Island Books this Saturday, September 1st, at 6:30 pm- and bring your neighbors and friends! We'll be building new old traditions, and I can't wait!

Please share this post! 


No comments:

Post a Comment