Sunday, September 8, 2019

Help! I Can't Think of a Single Song!


Sing With Our Kids Day 9 of 30: Exploring the Free Resources

I’m sure I know hundreds, maybe thousands of songs ( and I’ve written hundreds), but sometimes I can't seem to think of  a single one! When that happens, or when I just need  a little inspiration (like at the beginning  of the school year), I go to my own website.

The Tips and Tricks From the Experts  page has short interviews with eleven of my favorite experts when it comes to singing with children- and they aren’t all musicians- or even singers! Anyone who works or lives with babies or young children knows you need a toolbox of songs to get you through the day. I asked these experts each three questions, and to name three of their favorite traditional songs. When you read their choices and why they love them you will want to sing them too! You may not know them..or you may have forgotten them.. But this is Sing With Our Kids, so of course I have recorded each song and put a link to it right there so you can strike while the iron is hot! Easy peasy.

So get yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take a few minutes to read and be inspired!

(and yes, it’s true. I really DO go to my own website to get inspired)



"Oh where, oh where have my little songs gone.. oh where, oh where can they be?"


No comments:

Post a Comment