Thursday, September 26, 2019

What's Right With This Picture?

SingWithOurKids.com Day 26: Exploring the Free Resources

When I started the community project I hadn't thought about the documentation I would need. I was unbelievably lucky to have two moms who were also photographers attend most of my events. Without any direction from me they snapped amazing photos of children and families, photos I couldn't have been able to move forward without. The photo below is possibly my favorite. For in the moment I hadn't realized what it so perfectly captured... do you see it?
All of these children and their grown-ups are engaged. Not one is on a cell phone; all are simply and incredibly present. I honestly got chills when I saw it and realized what I hadn't seen before. And I thought, it is possible to do this. This photo is my north star for this project. With deepest appreciation to Carey Moncaster, photographer, mother,  and human being extraordinaire.

All of the songs and printable books, and homemade instruments and information on Sing With Our Kids are simply there to support singing in real time, with our friends and families, so that we reap all the benefits it has to offer. Check it out, if you haven't already.- and sing to be present!  SingWithOurKids.com

All are present and accounted for!

No comments:

Post a Comment